For the love of formica (and colored toilets)

August 04, 2014




You all have to agree that formica is having a moment in this home.  Yes please! Nicole (my creative hero) from Sketch42 photographed this 70's modernist home and blogged about it here as she has always loved the concept of 'time capsule' homes where the original design choices are preserved and respected. The home (and its wallpapers) are spectacular and are totally worth the click-through.  I have not seen a home this vibrant in a while.  It's a breath of fresh air....In this post I'm just focusing on the beautiful formica and the colored toilets and sinks because they have such vitality (plus they totally remind me of my grandmother's home).



Wallpaper on the ceiling is always a good idea. And the floor below...



wallpaper, sink and sink hardware heaven.


And of course the green toilet trumps all.

Check out the rest of the post here. Happy Monday!

[all photos by Nicole Cohen ]


You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. That colorful floor has me all kinds of excited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is refreshing and love the wallpapers! Hope youre having a great summer! xo Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. It reminds me of Miami in the 70's. My parents condo had some of that vibe:). The floor in the laundry room.....kind of dig it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I feel like I'm going back in time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that bathroom! Wallpaper on the ceiling is always a good idea :)

    www.designsbykaty.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it, the colors are so happy and cheery! I adore the wallpaper too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is something just so fabulous here. I wish I could see this in person!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Que imágenes más bonitas Albertina !! Me encantó ese piso tan colorido y ese último baño verde !!{

    ReplyDelete
  9. GORGEOUS!!! somehow this does not even give me headache despite the colors and patterns :))

    ReplyDelete

You make my day with your comments! Thank you!!

Subscribe